Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Training Day

Had my first day of training on the pump. So far so good. I left wearing it filled with saline to play with it and get use to wearing the pump. Its a little different to have the thing on for 24 hours. Did ok sleeping with it but will have to take some getting use to.

I like the ez carb feature now just to remember all the steps for everything that I have to do.

Along with starting the pump I have switched shifts at work. I am now sitting around on day shift, after years on second. Less active that I was. So now have to change my eating habits along with eating.

Hope fully in a week or two I will start with Insulin. Have to get the doctors ok for that .

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is so interesting. Is the saline just to get you ready or is it actually doing something? I appreciate you sharing this. It is really helping me.

Bob Mitchell said...

The saline is just to get me use to using the pump and how set everything and getting to to taking the meal time insulin.

Jess said...

Hey Bob, I've tagged you for the Seven MeMe. You can find the details at my blog.